Search This Blog

Sunday 3 March 2013

Who is Katie Anyways??

Hello Everyone:

I just wanted to give you a little backgroud information about me :-)
Off the bat, you might be thinking "why is an RN blogging about HCA's?"
Well, the answer to this question is that I am currently teaching the HCA program at the University of the Fraser Valley in Chilliwack BC. I started this blog as a requirement for a course I am taking at Vancouver Community College towards obtaining my Provincial Instructors Diploma. (for more information of the program you can access the link to your right titled "SIE-Instructor Diploma Program").
I have an extensive background in Health Care, starting with myself being a HCA, which is why I have such a passion for increasing the recognition and respect for HCA's in our Health Care System. Since I have both worked as and worked with HCA's I deeply respect and value their contribution to a health care team.
Hopefully this blog will help me share my passion, as well as, resources pertaining to HCA's, health care and education.
Cheers,
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment